Wednesday, July 21, 2010

AAA Autourist Art (European Edition)

According to AAA's 1959 Travel Guide to Europe, there's no more fascinating or convenient way to see Europe than traveling its highways and byways in your own car as an Autourist.



You go where you please, linger at whim. Your car makes it easy to visit remote villages, glamorous cities, historic castles... you get the full flavor of each country!



Yes, the moment you set foot in Europe, you'll discover there's nothing quite like a European holiday. Each country has it's own proud history and culture, and each offers its own exciting variety of scenery, food and fun!



For your armchair traveling pleasure, I hope you enjoy the way AAA entices it's Autourist members with great bits of illustrative key art and design scattered throughout their 600+ page travel guide as much as I do.




Bon Voyage!

6 comments:

John Matthew Stater said...

Reminds me of the old Mille Bourne game.

Runs.with.Ferals said...

Those ol' land yachts were so hard to stear; I think I will pass on driving up & down & all around Norway.

Mr. Cavin said...

Hey, don't they know that Europe has an east? There is an awful lot left blank here between Austria and Turkey. I'd love to see the little Yugoslavia clip art. Or Romania. I understand that AAA was probably dodging around the USSR's newly-minted westernmost frontier, but they don't seem to mind advocating the tourism of a nationalist dictator-plagued Spain, now do they?

Mr. Karswell said...

I really love the artwork you can find in these old travel guides, and those who do too can expect more of this type thing in future posts here at AEET.

Thanks for the comments...

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you ever considered changing the page layout of your website?
Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better.
Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or two images.

Maybe you could space it out better?

Here is my web site ... Cooking Jobs Restaurant

Mr. Karswell said...

Hey spammer, I was wondering if you ever considered fucking off with your ridiculous bullshit that NO ONE in the world would ever bother Looking at. Seriously. It's 2013, everyone knows your stupid ass attempts at getting hits through unrelated blogs and websites. Fucking leave me alone already you goddamn fucking moron. Fuck you.