Sunday, August 21, 2011

Girls! Girls! Girls!

Strip club ads from the back of an old dirty men's magazine (plus some funny one-panel adult cartoon gags), and aside from the very first Folies image below, all of these scans came from the March 1956 issue of Cabaret Magazine. Lots of fun 'good girl' art and design here, but I don't know about you, of everything listed below I'm actually most interested in seeing Anne Toinette and her "Daring... Dynamic... Death at the Guillotine!" (must be the Karswell inside me.)











3 comments:

glyphjockey said...

http://lex10.glyphjockey.com/2011/08/mashed-single-panel-adult-cartoons.html

Prof. Grewbeard said...

you've already heard my Daffy Duck impersonation, right?...

Mr. Cavin said...

This stuff is very neat. If I were going to go for one of those ads, I think I might have to spring for the trip to Cuba. It's really super cool to see an advertisement for a saucy nightclub in another whole country. Man, how the world has changed.

As for the cartoons: I like the art a lot, but the funniest drawing has to be that advertisement for Chicago's Cabana Club, where the maracas look just like the lady's bikini top.