Sunday, April 1, 2012

Humpty Dumpty's April Fools

April Fool's art and story fun from two issues of Humpty Dumpty Magazine (April 1962 and April 1967), with the 1962 issue sporting a typically gorgeous Dan Lawler cover. The rest of the highlights are graced with art by my favorite HD artist, Albert Aquino... his stylized approach to kid's illustration defines everything I love about these magazines from the era. As an added bonus you get a couple pages re-colored by me as a 5 year old brat.














4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are fun illustrations. You always did color outside the lines, karswell!

Mr. Cavin said...

The April Fool Illness art is pretty great. I'm pretty sure I'd have wanted to collaborate with that guy, too.

Mr. Karswell said...

>You always did color outside the lines, karswell!

Just try to stop me!

>I'm pretty sure I'd have wanted to collaborate with that guy, too

Haha! Great, I'll put that on my resume-- "collaborated with Albert Aquino at age 5." Hell, if that's true, then I collaborated with anyone that ever illustrated for a coloring book or black and white Warren or Eerie Pub mag in the 70s!

Thanks for the comments, I'm gonna post a few more Humpty Dumpty pages here in a few...

Roadtrip-'62 - Don Milne said...

Thanks for the trip back! I'm fascinated with anything 1962. I remember the Lawler covers with that giant, smiling Humpty. I don't think I ever colored in the magazines, but I'll bet one of my younger brothers did.