Friday, September 29, 2017

Three Stooges Three Dimensional Stickers

Not sure what lame brain calls puffy stickers "Three Dimensional" (ahem! Norman Maurer, ahem!) but it's definitely depicting The Three Stooges here-- I think! Hilariously off-model renditions of everyone's favorite ultra violent silver screen knuckleheads, caricatured in a variety of wacky ways, one that definitely borrows from the 1965 Cambria Studios animated series version, and the others, well, I'm not exactly sure about, though the stickers are dated 1980 which was just 2 years after The Robonic Stooges, so who knows. And what's the story on that fish, anybody know? All I can say is that every time I look at the astoundingly barrel bottom Larry and Curly on the yellow header card below-- I wanna poke my own eyes out! Nyuk nyuk nyuk!

10 comments:

Mr. Cavin said...

They stick on anything! Man I love chintzy, off-model pop culture. It's just so callous!

Mr. Karswell said...

I like how they put chef hats on them on the one header card

JMR777 said...

The way they drew the chin on Larry on the header cards it made him look more like Stan Laurel than Larry Fine. Maybe the artist got the two mixed up?



Craftypants Carol said...

I'm not really a fan of the 3-stooges, but man these are great

Mr. Karswell said...

Good point JMR!

Mr. Karswell said...

Yeah yeah, I know... you're more into The Golden Girls

Mr. Cavin said...

Well gosh, if we're gonna be playing "Favorite Threes" I'm much more of a musketeer man, myself.

Craftypants Carol said...

you are soooooo hilarious

Jonster said...

I think these are by the same unnamed Taiwanese company that made stickers of Harvey Comics characters. The artwork is just as off-model. I posted one of my Richie Rich sets just now on my own blog, take a look and see if you agree:

Starting the Richie Rich Three Dimensional Stickers exhibits

Mr. Karswell said...

Haha those are great, Jonster! And I'm sure you're correct-- thanks for posting!